Cherokee’s team of experienced welders offer extensive fabrication options and can weld stainless steel, carbon, galvanized steel, aluminum, and copper.
Additionally, this talented team of welders can fabricate structural steel, sheet metal, and even structural add-ons like mezzanines.
And if the piece you need for a project can't be fabricated on-site, Cherokee has a 34,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art fabrication facility designed to handle any need that arises.
Items commonly fabricated include:
- Concrete forms
- Crossovers and catwalks
- Machine bases and frames
- Fume hoods
- Work platforms
- Handrails/safety handrails
- Roof caps
- General frames
- Manifold boxes/safety pinch-point boxes
- Belt and machine guards
- Repair/rework chippers
Fabrication shop specifics include:
- 60-inch-wide coil line: 16–24-gauge galvanized, paint grip, and aluminum. Snaplock and Pittsburgh seams. Slip and drive, TDC, and ductmate joints. Extrusion water base glue system and weld pins for duct liner applications.
- Spiral duct equipment: 4-inch–52-inch diameter, single wall round tubes. 10 inch –52 inch diameter single wall round elbows. Cherokee Metalworks also has the ability to fabricate paint grip duct. It is available in all the same sizes as regular galvanized duct.
- Cutting: 5-foot x 10-foot dual table plasma cutter. 5-foot x 10-foot single table hi-definition plasma cutter. Mild steel – up to ¾ inch thick.
- Breaking: break capacity – up to 95 ton x 12-feet
- Shearing: shear capacity – up to 10-foot. x ¼ inch mild steel
- Rolling: plate roll capacity – up to 6 ft. x 3/16 inch
Cherokee can meet most, if not all, HVAC duct fabrication needs. For more than a decade, Cherokee has produced rectangular duct with a state-of-the-art coil line. This spiral duct machine allows for the production of spiral tubes and associated fittings.
Cherokee’s team of experienced welders has the ability to work with mild and stainless steel and aluminum. They are also proficient in plasma cutting, MIG, TIG, stick and oxyacetylene welding.